Workers Compensation Claims Advisor - Self Insurance
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2559128
- Permanent Position | Competitive Salary
- Exciting Self Insurance opportunity
- 9 day fortnight | WFH & flex arrangements
Workers Compensation Claims Advisor | Self Insurance | Competitive Salary | Government Benefits | Apply now!
Your new company
Seeking an experienced Workers Compensation Claims Advisor for a permanent role, primarily working from home and flexible working arrangements after lockdowns. A local government organisation, based in the inner west is seeking a permanent Advisor for their Self-Insured Workers Compensation Team.
Your new role
- Undertake claims management functions including assessments of liability, claims review, wage calculations and injury management activities.
- Monitoring and managing, end to end, the self Insurance Workers Compensation claims, which are a mix of physical and psychological claims.
- Creating and developing strategies for improving the claims processes and reducing spend.
- Identify gaps between claims management practices and SIRA requirements and make necessary improvements to system documentation and implement where necessary.
- Provide timely and accurate workers compensation and injury management advice and guidance, including the interpretation of relevant legislation to managers and staff throughout the organisation.
- Keep up to date with claims management requirements by keeping up to date with industry information and attending self-insurance seminars and information sessions.
- Ensure that workers compensation legislative and associated codes, guidance and standard changes are identified and incorporated into policy and procedure where applicable and in a timely manner.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will know Workers Compensation legislation inside and out and be confident in your methods.
- You will have experience dealing with Workers Compensation claims
- You will come from a Self-Insured business and have experience managing claims end to end. (Self insurance experience desirable).
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Be a part of a close knit team of Workers Compensation specialists
- Be eligible for long service leave after just 5 years
- 9 day fortnight and 7 hour days!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508