Work Health & Safety Officer
- Stawell, Victoria, Australia
- HR Partners - Melbourne - 14M0458944
- Permanent full-time position
- Immediate Start
- Relocation package available
An outstanding opportunity has presented itself to join our client located in Stawell (Victoria) as a Work Health and Safety Officer. Working with the team on site, you will be responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the OHS Management System under relevant OHS legislation. This position will drive the safe and positive work culture across the site and ensure legislative compliance. The successful candidate will work directly with all levels of stakeholders on effective WHS consultation, planning, implementation, measurement and evaluation. Please note that a relocation package is available for the successful candidate.
They are seeking a hands-on and experienced OHS Officer to partner closely with key stakeholders to ensure safety is a first priority every day. You will draw on your experience in OHS, incident investigation and risk assessments and safety management, preferably gained from the food processing or manufacturing industry.
Key areas of responsibility includes:
- OHS management system maintenance
- OHS planning, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement
- Effective OHS consultation
- Return to work and injury management
The successful candidate is a WHS all-rounder who can both work on a strategic but also operational level. Additionally the successful candidate has;
- Previous experience with leading safety culture in FMCG environment
- Proven ability to write and implement WHS policies, procedures and plans
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge of WHS legislation, regulations, codes of practice and standards
- Demonstrated practical and technical knowledge of safe work practices, hazard/ risk assessment and management, WHS incident investigation, safe operating procedures, emergency response
- Minimum cert. IV or Diploma in WHS (or above) and First aid qualifications
- Desirable training includes Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment, Workplace Drug Testing (Breath Alcohol) (Oral Fluid - Saliva) (Urine) 10275NAT, recognized Internal Auditor Training, ICAM Incident Investigation and Confined Space Entry and Working at Heights tickets
Please apply now using the 'Apply Now' button. Alternatively, please call Simone Christensen for a confidential discussion on 0438 438 746 quoting Reference Number 14M0458944 or apply directly at www.hrpartners.com.au.
At HR Partners, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Level 12, Rialto Towers
525 Collins Street
Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Ph: +61 3 8621 5700