Work Health and Safety Advisor - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2487900
- 6 month contract
- Parramatta location
- Competitive hourly rate
Build positive Safety Culture, Provide WHS Advice - competitive rate, 6 month assignment
Your new company
You will be working with one of Australia's public sector departments, working with key business areas to reduce the number of and impact of injuries in the workplace and to build a positive safety culture.
Your new role
Your role will work closely with both staff and managers, supporting them in managing their health issues in line with relevant legislation and policy. You will also assist in the delivery of strategic WHS and staff Wellbeing initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS and/or experience working in WHS in a Federal Government environment or equivalent industry experience
- An understanding of relevant WHS legislation, policy and procedures in the public sector
- High level organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise requests while maintaining high standards and accuracy
- High level skills using the Microsoft Suite including Excel skills and ability to use HR systems
What you'll get in return
- 6 month contract (with potential for extension)
- Competitive hourly rate of between $35 to $45 per hour
- Based in Parramatta there may be some flexibility to work from home on occasion
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now on 02 8226 9690.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number :LHS 297508