- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2516168
- Australian Defence Company
- Competitive Salary
- Permanent Opportunity
Defence Industry | Permanent Opportunity | $95-105k + super
Your new company
An Australian Defence company are currently looking for a WHSE Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
You will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing best practice and continually improving Health, Safety and Environmental systems across the site to reduce risk, raise awareness and improve practices of WHS in line with industry regulations. You will also be identifying high risks, creating relevant policies as well as refining existing ones. You will be familiar with creating dashboards and reporting.
- Coordinate all Return to Work requirements, including in other jurisdictions.
- Coordinate all WHSE inductions and training.
- Coordinate and conduct site WHSE inspections and WHSE aspects of contractor management.
- Assist in maintaining WHSE management and reporting systems such as the Wiki and Sentinel.
- Develop and implement an annual plan for emergency training and internal audits.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have extensive experience in a similar safety role within a defence, transport, manufacturing or similar high-risk environment.
- A Cert IV in WHS as a minimum.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standards.
- Strong skills in hazard identification, risk management and incident investigation.
- Proven experience in risk assessments, safety audits, safety investigations.
- Experience in ICAM investigations and Training & Assessment is highly desirable.
Essential: Australian Citizens only as Security Clearance is required
What you'll get in return
Seize this opportunity to take an active role in developing your career and be rewarded with competitive rates along with the chance of making a real difference in a leading organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
SA Licence number : LHS 297508