WHS Officer (with RTW skills) - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2596098
- Offices in 3 locations, must be able to drive to sites
- WHS and RTW role with variety
- Minimum 6 month assignment, likely to extend
WHS Officer - Must have SIRA RTW | 6 Months | Rockwood/Macquarie Park Location | Up to $50 per hour + super
Your new company
You will be working for an interesting company with parks across Sydney. Must be willing to drive to different parks, sites and offices, including offices at Cemeteries in Sydney.
Your new role
The WHS Officer will assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of the WHS Management System, Policies and Procedures. This role will also be required to maintain up to date knowledge of WHS and RTW Legislation.
- Identify and propose procedural changes to improve WHS
- Assist with implementing WHS plans and strategies
- Immediately report all workplace incidents and hazards
- Manage Workers Compensation claims, using the SIRA RTW guidelines.
- Effectively assist in managing all day to day WHS staff matters including coaching, training, performance uplift and management of Facilities team.
- Manage and oversee the performance of Facilities Management activities and contractors, outsourced Services and Utilities providers (e.g. energy, waste management etc).
What you'll need to succeed
- Have at least 3 years WHS/RTW/Facilities Management/Coordination operations experience
- At least Cert IV WHS, or higher qualifications or extensive experience.
- SIRA RTW Coordinator Certificate and experience with Workers Compensation claims or Injury Management
- You will have a full valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle.
What you'll get in return
- Minimum 6 month temporary assignment, with potential for extension or permanent.
- Competitive hourly rate up to $50 per hour + super.
- Work with a close and friendly WHS team and grow your skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508