WHS Manager - Contract
- Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2400147
- Immediately available role
- Up to 6 months with possible extension
- Experience essential
A contract opportunity for up to 6 months for an experienced WHS Manager
Your new company
An exciting contract opportunity for up to 6 months has come available for an experienced and qualified WHS Manager.
Your new role
Commencing on a 4-6 month contract opportunity, with the option of extending, this role will see you leading and managing all WHS operations across numerous locations both interstate and across the NT. You will be responsible for the planning, developing and implementing all elements of the organisations safety and emergency management systems and policy. Key duties will include:
- Leading the operations of Work, Safety and Emergency systems and services
- Ensure that all policy and procedures for WHS are in compliance with relevant legislation and standards of best practice
- Provide strategic advise and innovative solutions to the Executive team
- Develop evaluation methods and processes for analysing and interpreting data for continued improvement
- Identify areas of high risk and implement plan and processes for prevention
- Management of all internal and external reporting
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this role you must be able to demonstrate strong experience in WHS at a management level. You will be experienced reporting and supporting an executive board and being able to provide strategic advise on risk management and compliance. You will be experienced in managing staff and be able to lead a team of 4. Tertiary qualifications in Health and Safety or a similar discipline is preferred. Industry experience in the Public Sector, SME industry are preferred however, not essential.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will have the opportunity to work with an expanding and respected organisation in the NT and interstate. You will enjoy the challenge of working with multiple sites and enjoy mentoring and supporting an engaged team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Kathryn McWilliam via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Darwin office on 0889436000.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508