WHS Coordinator & Rehabilitation Case Manager
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2669253
- Flexible work arrangements
- ASAP start
- Great rate pay
WHS Coordinator & Rehabilitation Case Manager| Immediate start | $60- $65 p/h + super | WFH/Office
Your new company
This federal government agency is looking for a WHS Coordinator and Rehabilitation Case Manager supporting and driving a safety culture across the organisation.
Your new role
- Manage and update the WHS Management System and WHS Management Plan ensuring they reflect relevant Codes of Practice and are compliant with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011
- Provide advice and support on injury prevention, hazard identification, risk management and incident reporting.
- Chair the National WHS Committee (WHSC) including managing the governance and secretariat functions. Work closely with the WHSC to coordinate and promote WHS related events such as Work Safe Month or to educate and promote greater health, safety and wellbeing
- Maintain a network of Wellbeing Support Officers (WSO), First Aid Officers (FAO), Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) and WHS Committee members.
- Support the maintenance of WHS related policies and forms including WHS, First Aid, COVID-19, WHS risk assessment, workplace inspections, hazard reporting and incident notification.
- Manage a caseload of compensation, early intervention, and fitness for duty cases.
- Coordinate treating practitioner questionnaires, work health support plans, rehabilitation programs, return to work plans and suitable duties while ensuring compliance with the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation
- Manage and update Rehabilitation Management System and Rehabilitation Management Plan ensuring they are compliant with the Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 and Rehabilitation Guidelines 2012.
- Provide subject matter expertise to other HR staff on the management of cases, best practice, quality assurance and continuous improvement
- Support the maintenance of Rehabilitation Management related policies and forms including checklists, case manager competencies, work health support plans etc.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in Australian Public Service
- Tertiary qualification in WHS, Rehabilitation Management or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating WHS and rehabilitation programs and policies
What you'll get in return
- 3-month contract with possibilities of extension
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508