WHS and Wellbeing Advisor - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2471743
- 6 Month Assignment
- 35 hours per week
- Parramatta Location
Health and Wellbeing Advisor required for a 6 month assignment with potential to extend.
Your new company
This organisation provides teaching and learning services for students across Sydney from early childhood through to high school graduation, delivering education and providing funding support to non-government schools. This organisation supports and assists teachers, leaders and other staff to deliver the best outcomes for students and to advance the wellbeing of Australian people.
Your new role
The role is responsible for delivering injury management services to staff and you will be supporting staff recovery at work in line with the relevant legislation and policy to minimise the impact to educational continuity while reducing the administrative burden and cost of workplace absence.
You will also:
- Maintain strong relationships with customers and collaborate with key internal and external partners to deliver timely, effective health management services and advice to support recovery at work.
- Deliver customer centric workplace health management services and advice in accordance with policy, procedures and legislation that are tailored for the customer and operational directorates.
- Develop, implement and monitor RTW strategies to facilitate an employee's early and safe return to work in line with relevant work health and safety, workers compensation and injury management legislation and departmental policy and procedures.
- Manage a portfolio of complex and medium-risk cases and report on performance against specified targets. Draft briefing papers, correspondence and other communications as required, and contribute to the development of operational procedures, guidelines and services and programs.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to aid the recovery at work process and improve injury management outcomes.
- Prepare and participate in regular claims reviews/case conferences with claims and injury management staff to ensure effective claims management.
- Monitoring and report on the performance of rehabilitation providers to ensure service delivery standards are met and recommend strategies to address and strengthen return to work outcomes.
- Maintain data management systems in line with departmental policy and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous substantial experience in an Injury Management or Return to Work role
- Allied Health background preferred but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of injury management, return to work, workers compensation legislation and claims experience.
- Knowledge of medical documentation, medical terminology, medical assessments and more.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise
What you'll get in return
- 6 Month assignment in a well respected organisation
- An hourly rate of between $50 - $60 per hour + super
- Full time hours at 35 per week
- Work in Parramatta, a close walk from the station
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now on 02 8226 9690.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508