WHS Advisor - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2527842
- Temporary Assignment | Opportunity to go permanent
- Organisation involved with Animals
- Opportunity for career progression | Develop your WHS skills
Up and coming WHS Advisor required for temp assignment, likely to go permanent. Exciting organisation!
Your new company
This organisation is located in the Sydney CBD area and is involved with animal care, research and much more. You will be working in small team focusing on WHS.
Your new role
Your day to day role will include:
- Facilitating risk assessments, document/SMS review, development and implementation, servicing the wider WHS needs and advising on matters such as Working at Heights, contractor management and manual processes.
- You will be responsible for the WHS function, as part of a team of three with support form the manager.
- You will be involved in the Risk Management function and be apart of the strategic plan: auditing procedures, policy, and more.
- You will be involved in the migration of data to a new software system - development and implement of the new system, assisting the manager in ensuring success.
- WHS data analytics, looking at trends and risks and working with managers to eliminate them.
- Working across a multi-faceted business, which will be excellent for skill development, career progression and experience.
- You will be working with the team on the ground, giving dashboard results, driving safety culture, ensuring subcontractors, labourers or visitors are working to safe standards and compliant with regulations.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have at least 2-3 years hands on WHS experience.
- You will have the ability to think dynamically and deal with changes to priorities
- You will have at least a Cert IV WHS
- Be immediately available
What you'll get in return
- You will receive a 9 month temporary assignment, with the opportunity to go permanent based on performance.
- Competitive hourly rate
- The opportunity to work with animals, and a wide range of people across Safety
- Be a part of a growing team with development and training opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Emily now at Emily.Brewster@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508