- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2538280
- South-West Sydney
- Permanent Position & Attractive Salary
- Busy Manufacturer
Leading Australian Building Products Manufacturer | South-West Sydney | $90-110k + super
Your new company
A leading Australian Building Products Manufacturer are currently looking for a WHS Advisor on a permanent basis. There is an excellent opportunity to join this manufacturer immediately who is producing year on year growth.
Your new role
Reporting to QESH Manager, you will be responsible for providing overall safety support to the business on all safety issues, implementation of initiatives and long-term continuous improvement of manufacturing operations
Your role will include:
- Support the QESH manager in the ongoing maintenance of the safety management system.
- Review, improve and implement WHS policies and procedures in line with ISO 45001.
- Prepare and participate in the internal ISO 45001 audit program.
- Provide, guidance, coaching, support, and expert advice to managers on WHS risks.
- Promote safety awareness and a positive safety culture.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potential hazards.
- Train and support workers in the use of the internal hazard and incident reporting tools.
- Create and deliver safety training such as toolbox talks, single point lessons etc.
- Lead and facilitate WHS incident investigations.
- Identify and manage workplace risk by conducting risk assessments.
- Liaise with insurance provider on all work-related compensation claims.
- Prepare return to work plans in consultation with relevant stake holders.
- Provide general support and advice to staff and leaders at all levels regrading RTW matters.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary Work Health Safety Qualification (such as Certificate IV in WHS or similar).
- Prior experience in a similar role within manufacturing.
- A good understanding of International and Australian standards for OHS management systems as well as application of the risk management methodology.
- Good knowledge of management of hazards relating to manufacturing, such as Lock Out Tag Out, manual handling, plant & equipment, noise, dust, and chemical safety.
- Ability to demonstrate change management and influencing skills.
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of internal audits/compliance.
Essential: Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents Only
What you'll get in return
Seize this opportunity to take an active role in developing your career and be rewarded with competitive rates along with the chance of making a real difference in an expanding organisation. This manufacturer is producing year on year growth and provides excellent job security.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SA Licence number : LHS 297508