- South Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2409303
- South Sydney Location
- Competitive Salary
- Large supportive team
WHS Advisor required on a permanent basis with Science, laboratory or chemical background.
Your new company
A top Australian organisation based in Southern Sydney. This company is known for their scientific research and is a pioneer in improving Australian, and Worldwide health. The role will be a permanent position for someone with the appropriate skills and experience.
Your new role
Reporting to the Operations Leader, your role will be to monitor, consult and advise on a large scale across the business. You will be a part of the Operational WHS team to advise on areas of Safety such as Chemical, Compliance, PPE, Health & Hygiene and more.
- You will be working closely with scientists across the organisation to ensure WHS procedures, resources and strategies align.
- You will be required to provide a high level of professional and technical advice concerning safety issues.
- You will be responsible for toolbox talks, triaging incidents, working on solving safety issues, delivering safety training where appropriate and meeting with wider groups to reduce emerging issues.
- You will identify and manage any risks and make recommendations for incidents, near misses and accidents.
- You will have experience in one or more of the following areas: Chemicals, Hazardous Materials, Laboratories or Science.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a strong WHS specialist with extensive experience in chemical, laboratory or science safety.
- You will be qualified with at least a Cert IV in WHS (postgraduate experience highly desirable).
- You will also have demonstrated ability with interpreting legislation, technical information and data and applying the appropriate solution.
- Good knowledge of management of hazards relating to science and research, such as manual handling, PPE & equipment, noise, dust and chemical safety.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary with government benefits
Flexible working conditions (start and finish times)
You will be a part of a strong WHS team of around 15-20 members
You will be liaising with more than 350 scientists, doctors and researchers on a day to day basis.
You will receive support for your initiatives, with your expert knowledge you will be a valued member of the team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now Emily Brewster 02 8226 9690.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508