SHE Manager - Contract
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2495156
- Western Sydney
- Competitive Rates
- Immediate Start, Temp Assignment
Western Sydney - Temporary assignment until December
Your new company
An Australian FMCG company currently have a temporary requirement for a SHE Manager to join the team on an 8 month temporary basis to complete a project.
Your new role
You will be responsible for providing practical specialist safety leadership and drive the implementation of practical safety and environmental compliance solutions, safety improvement and behavioural improvement programs with in the two new sites in NSW.
This role would be the safety and environmental subject matter expert on legislation, compliance strategies and regional risk management during the Design, Manufacturing and Commissioning stages of the site development.
This role will also be required to initially implement the Safety Management System.
- SHE Leadership and setting SHE strategic direction within the two sites.
- Assist in the development of a positive Safety Culture within the two sites
- Implementation of B-Safe SMS policies and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of new plant and equipment through the Concept to Completion
- Identifying, planning and developing training requirements
- Develop and implement the contractor management system
- Development of the chemical management system
- Development of the Emergency Preparedness strategy
- Review / develop all SOPs for existing and new tasks
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant Qualifications relating to WHS or equivalent.
- Background in manufacturing, logistics or a similar environment.
- Good experience in a specialist risk management role
- Experience in Project Management
- Experienced in driving collaborative change
- Effective at stakeholder relationships
- Working knowledge of Environmental compliance
- Experience in changing safety through engineering controls
- Detailed knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental systems
What you'll get in return
Seize this opportunity to take an active role in developing your career and be rewarded with competitive rates along with the chance of making a real difference in an expanding organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SA Licence number : LHS 297508