Senior Safety Advisor
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2491118
- Leading Retail Company
- Attractive Salary & Bonus
- Discounts on Goods
Western Sydney location - Permanent position - $100-120k + super + bonus
Your new company
A well-established Australian Supply Chain and Retail company in South-West Sydney are looking for a Senior Safety Advisor on a permanent basis to join their team with the common focus of improving safety.
Your new role
As the Senior WHS Advisor, you will use your skills and experience to maintain the Safety Management System in line with current legislation. The successful applicant will be required to maintain and continue to improve our workplace safety culture, identify and effectively manage workplace hazards and risks while ensuring the safety and well-being of all employees, contractors and visitors.
Your role will include:
- Develop and implement WHS guidelines and policies
- Develop and coordinate relevant WH&S training
- Accident/ Incident Investigation & Reporting
- Review and continued development of risk assessments
- Provide regular WHS Statistical reports and data
- Manage Workers Compensation claims and Return to Work Plans
- Ensure records are maintained and compliant in line with WHS legislation
- Continual development/monitoring/improvements of WHS systems
What you'll need to succeed
You'll be a passionate, resilient and target driven safety professional, with the ability to influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Qualifications in WHS and extensive experience as a WHS Advisor
- Training experience (Certificate IV Training & Assessment preferred)
- Exposure to Manufacturing/Warehousing industries
- Strong understanding of relevant legislation
- Experience in delivering training sessions and toolbox talks
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills working with a variety of different backgrounds
- Attention to detail, initiative and good work ethics
What you'll get in return
This is a position that will reward a mature individual who enjoys maintaining exceptional professional standards and assisting key stakeholders comply with recognised standards of safety.
You will get the opportunity to be a part of a passionate and involved safety team and be rewarded with a competitive salary, with discounts on goods and an incentive bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, to Sandra.Higgins@hays.com.au or call us now on 02 8226 9663.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508