Senior Case Manager - Contract
- Liverpool, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2403673
- 6-12 Month role
- Competitive salary
- Immediate Start
Senior Case Manager with at least 5 years experience in Workers Compensation required urgently.
Your new company
A well-established local council with offices in South Western Sydney, is looking for a talented Senior Case Manager with a wealth of experience in injury management, recovery at work and workers compensation to join their small team with the common focus of improving early return to work and support for the wellbeing of injured team members. The council is set on building a business culture which supports the injuries, illnesses or conditions that impact the ability of the individual to safely perform their role.
Your new role
- You will be analysing historic and tail-end staff injury, illness and workers compensation claims
- Actively participating in Work, Health and Safety in response to injury/incident analysis and provide reports when necessary
- Applying contemporary injury management practices to complex injuries and significant
- Establishing rehabilitation review meetings with Managers/Coordinators and Injured Worker to develop return to work plans and progress recovery
- Working with job detached ex-employees with complex and lengthy cases and claims, which will require a solid understanding of NSW Legislation in respect of Workers' Compensation and Injury Management
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have tertiary qualifications or relevant degree (Allied Health or Legal)
- At least 5 years workers compensation experience, tail-end management highly desirable
- Legal understanding of Workers Compensation and Injury Management legislation - qualifications are highly desirable
- Experience in working in a Self-Insurance environment, and appropriate knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience working with Workers Compensation Legislation
- Significant experience in a similar Rehabilitation or Return to work role working within the Workers Compensation Legislation
- Significant experience in Award, legislation and policy interpretation and demonstrated ability to apply this in a practical sense
- Computer skills including knowledge of CHRIS payroll system, and SolvInjury database advantage
What you'll get in return
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Onsite Parking and close to transport links - flexible working arrangements possible
- Competitive Salary of $85,000 to $95,000 + super
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email it to Emily.Brewster@hays.com.au with your availability and expected salary.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508