Safety & Wellbeing Lead - Contract
- Melbourne CBD, Victoria, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2421235
- Safety & Wellbeing Lead - Local Government
- Short term contract | Inner South East Melbourne + Working From Home
- Vanessa Jordanovska | (03) 9095 2226
Mentor a team whilst driving workplace safety in a complex environment.
Your new company
Hays has partnered with a Local Government body who are seeking a Safety & Wellbeing Lead to join their team for a 3-month period. This position is based in Inner South East Melbourne (ability to work from home). You will be highly involved in providing leadership to ensure continuous improvement of workplace safety.
Your new role
As a Safety & Wellbeing Lead, you will be responsible for Workplace Safety, Injury Management & Wellbeing functions whilst managing a small team. You will be involved in leading and planning transformational change in relation to safety culture whilst ensuring milestones and targets are being achieved. During this role, you will be involved in establishing a Safety Management System and leading audits.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you must be an experienced leader with demonstrated practice across Workplace Safety, Injury Management & Wellbeing. We are looking for an immediately available candidate with:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in OHS & Injury Management with the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Knowledge of change leadership and experience in building a positive safety culture in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing Safety Management Systems
- Vocational or tertiary education in OHS
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive hourly rate and the ability to mentor a team whilst driving a positive safety culture in a complex environment.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an updated copy of your resume along with an expression of interest to Vanessa Jordanovska at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call (03) 9095 2226.
If this role isn't for you but you are interested in other Workplace Health & Safety opportunities or you know someone who is appropriate, feel free to get in touch.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508