Safety Specialist - Contract
- Melbourne CBD, Victoria, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2398595
- Lead Health & Safety across Victorian COVID-19 projects
- Victorian State Government | 3 month contract | VPS6 Equivalent
- Vanessa Jordanovska | 03 9095 2226
Manage & lead Health & Safety across Victorian COVID-19 projects.
Your new company
This State Government body is currently supporting Victorian COVID-19 projects. They are currently seeking a Safety Specialist to join their team for a 3-month period. You will be highly involved in supporting the operations whilst managing safety and wellbeing of various stakeholders. You will have the ability to work from home however, will need to travel to Melbourne CBD.
Your new role
As a Safety Specialist, you will be managing the safety and wellbeing of different stakeholders across various settings. You will be highly involved in providing advice and guidance ensuring compliance across workplace health, safety and wellbeing. In addition, you will be responsible for implementing and monitoring safety / wellbeing plans and systems.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, demonstrated experience leading safety programs/operations is required. We are looking for an agile and passionate safety professional with:
- Demonstrated and detailed knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislations to ensure accurate advice and support.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to create reports and relevant documentation
- Ability to conduct complex risk assessments/ incident investigations and provide clear recommendations
- Vocational or tertiary education in Workplace Health & Safety.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive hourly rate at a VPS6 equivalent. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to COVID-19 operations within various settings.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an updated copy of your resume along with an expression of interest to Vanessa Jordanovska at firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information please call 03 9095 2226.
If this role isn't for you but you are interested in other Workplace Health & Safety opportunities or you know someone who is appropriate, feel free to get in touch.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508