- Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
- JC Tanloden
JC Tanloden is an industry leader in the Victorian oaten hay export sector through our Raywood and Epsom processing facilities.
Since our establishment in 1985, our ongoing commitment is to excellence in product quality and service delivery. We understand that our customers rely on our commitment to provide the right quality hay at the right time.
We are committed to attracting the best available talent, developing the capability of our people, and creating highly engaged and high-performing teams that deliver great results.
About the role
This role will be responsible for driving a step change in the safety performance of JC Tanloden by overseeing the development and implementation of the Zero Harm plan, and by training and coaching managers, supervisors and workers on site on their individual and collective safety responsibilities.
The role will also be responsible for documenting key processes on site that are critical for safe, and compliant work practices, and for ensuring that our managers and employees have the training, skills, and support to provide a safe work environment at all times.
- Lead, mentor and drive safety outcomes within the business.
- Work with the teams on each site to develop a Zero Harm plan that addresses the safety objectives of Wingara and details the actions required to meet defined performance targets.
- Assist managers to interpret and implement safety and compliance standards and legislative requirements with a view to ensuring consistency and compliance.
- Provide expertise with investigating incidents and analysing root cause, developing effective corrective actions, and sharing key learnings.
- Build a set of common safety tools and language
- Oversee a process that defines required skills and access appropriate training
- Ensure that the required investment in safety is identified and budgeted
- Establish effective and measurable objectives, targets & KPIs for the business.
- Manage Workcover and return to work claims.
- Ensure JCT sites are compliant with all regulatory obligations.
- Review, develop and implement policies and procedures that address key safety, compliance and other risks in the business.
- Prepare and oversee all licencing and compliance reporting including export requirements.
- Provide training to the business to increase understanding of compliance policies.
The successful applicant will need the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in safety, risk or related discipline.
- First Aid qualified
- Experience working across a wide range of WHS activities in a manufacturing or agriculture industry.
- Strong knowledge of key compliance risk concepts and risk management framework.
- Experience with implementing and auditing safety and compliance management systems.
- Experience in managing projects and key stakeholders to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong planning and organisation capabilities.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- An ability to prioritise tasks, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- A flexible and adaptable work style.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and work autonomously.
Please note this role is based in Regional Victoria near Bendigo at our Raywood and Epsom sites.
If you believe you are the right person for this position, please send your resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience are a great match for our role to email@example.com