- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2488005
- Permanent role
- Competitive Salary
- Genuine Flexibility
WHS Coordinator required in the Eastern Suburbs, permanent Safety Partner role within the wider Safety team.
Your new company
Based in the Eastern Suburbs, this government organisation is seeking a permanent Work Health Safety Partner for their WHS and Injury Management Team. This organisation has excellent public transport links and a supportive culture along with very flexible working arrangements.
Your new role
You will be participating in the development and implementation of WHS and wellbeing strategies including policies, procedures and organisational change programs as well as providing advice, training, consultation, monitoring and governance for compliance, to ensure all relevant WH&S legislation, policies and procedures are implemented and effective.
You will also:
- Positively influence and advise staff at all levels on health and safety matters, requirements under WHS legislation, and drive forward the agenda for positive WHS culture change in the workplace.
- Maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of current legislation, codes of practice, guidance materials, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Support the development of projects for the development of WHS Management System development programs.
- Conduct or organise audits to ensure the WHS systems and activities are implemented, effective, and in accordance with legislative and business requirements and more.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have at least a Cert IV WHS or other relevant qualification
- You will have experience negotiating with, and influencing colleagues at all levels, from staff to senior managers.
- Experience in a similar role assisting the writing of WHSMS and procedures.
What you'll get in return
- Be a part of a friendly, close knit team
- Benefit from very flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Emily Brewster now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508