Safety and Facilities Specialist
- Prestons, New South Wales, Australia
- GWA Group
The GWA Group
Water scarcity affects all communities and given that our consumers enjoy experiencing our products every day, we help to save millions of litres of water each year. Since 1886, the experts at GWA have designed innovative, high quality products for homes and offices. We have market leading, iconic brands including Caroma, Methven, Dorf and Clark.
If you love working for a company where innovation is key, where transformation is central to our journey right now; where you can demonstrate alignment to our cultural pillars of ‘We all Lead’ and ‘We Care’, then this may be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Safety and Facilities Specialist based at our Innovation and Distribution Centre (IDC) at Prestons who will implement safety initiatives and be responsible for the site’s maintenance and facilities management as their primary role; also supporting our Alexandria and North Sydney offices with both safety and facilities management.
The successful application will work proactively with all the site leadership teams to ensure a best practice and efficient site operations and effective safety leadership.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of amenity and utility service providers such as cleaning, air conditioning, recycling, maintenance, trades people and sub-contractors to ensure that the IDC building is safe, clean and a pleasant place to work
- Operational facilities management such as restocking of office and kitchen supplies; and fixing minor malfunctions in office equipment
- Provide advice to managers, supervisors, health and safety representatives and employees and act as a central resource on SafetyOne standards and regulatory requirements.
- Promote management and employee awareness of SafetyOne (WHS) standards and ensure all employees are aware of the requirements of WHS legislation and their role in creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
- Conduct safety audits on site and ensure compliance as appropriate
- Manage and implement the Injury management program to ensure short, medium and long-term business viability and uninterrupted divisional operations.
If you're passionate about creating a great place to work with processes that work, effective systems, creating a ‘we care’ culture and with proven experience in logistics warehouse safety leadership and leading change, then we would love to hear from you.
You will have at least a Cert IV in WHS, with significant warehouse operational experience and a minimum 5 years’ experience in a WHS, or a Facilities management role within a distribution centre. You will be able to show in past roles how you: have thrived on taking personal accountability and responsibility; acted with integrity at all times; have strong stakeholder relationship building capabilities; can multi task with ease and possess strong attention to detail.
GWA is an ASX-listed organisation with great people, great brands and a history of strong growth.
Apply now and be part of a company that is making life better for our customers, consumers and communities every day.