Quality & Compliance Advisor - Contract
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2283559
- Newly created team with autonomy to structure your workload
- Ongoing contract role with ASAP start on offer
- Opportunity to engage with local and national stakeholders on projects
Opportunity to contribute to key projects and work in State Government in Townsville to support compliance.
Your new company
This unique opportunity is with a Queensland Government Department located in Townsville that works across the construction & infrastructure industry. Due to an internal promotion, they are an opportunity for an diverse HR/Compliance professional to take up an ongoing contract through in the team.
Your new role
As a Quality & Compliance Advisor, your purpose is to engage with various stakeholder to audit major projects and ensure that building and construction contractors comply with their obligations when supplying to the Queensland government.
This is specifically related to HR, Training, IR & WHS obligations in accordance with the Buy Queensland approach.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Offer advice, guidance, support and solutions to stake holders regarding compliance issues;
- Provide guidance to the businesses and contractors on Buy Queensland and State Gov compliance requirements;
- Conduct quality checks on site and in office and implement improvements as required;
- Prepare for and take part in audits as required;
- Implement corrective and preventative actions in cases of non-compliance.
What you'll need to succeed
To gain an interview for this role you will have demonstrated experience with quality auditing and compliance in a HR/TRAINING/WHS setting. Knowledge of relevant policies and practices in the building and construction sector will be highly advantageous.
You will need:
* Sound knowledge of HR, IR & WHS best practice with the ability to confidently advise stakeholders on these matters
* Experience in identifying and investigating non-compliance to policy and procedure and a track record of working on solutions to achieve compliance
* Knowledge of Queensland Government procurement policies will be highly regarded but is not essential
* A clear and engaging communication style with the ability to effectively build rapport with a variety of stakeholders
What you'll get in return
You will build your experience in State Government while holding an important role in Townsville, with the ability to work on important projects. You will be paid an hourly rate of $59.95 an hour and the role is expected to require full time hours with some travel which will be paid for.
Alongside a competitive hourly rate, temporary and contract workers through Hays Human Resources enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Simple online time-sheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- Regular contact with your consultant throughout the duration of your assignment and support to search for your next assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we take your privacy seriously. If you're interested in a role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position please contact Sharon Warren, Hays expert consultant in Human Resources, at email@example.com for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.At Hays, we take your privacy seriously. If you're interested in a role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508