OH&S Lead | National Coverage
- Melbourne CBD, Victoria, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2281972
- OH&S Lead | National Coverage
- Shape best practice for safety nationally
- Contact Angelos Alvertis on (03)96042289
Occupational Health & Safety Lead, sought by global brand to lead OHS best practice across sites all over ANZ
Your new company
Globally recognised brand with national coverage this private wholesale and retail business is currently seeking a permanent Occupational Health & Safety Lead. Joining this organisation as it looks to strengthen its operational best practice around safety the OHS Lead will be heavily involved in contributing to OHS strategic development and roll out. Operationally you will be responsible for risk assessment, procedure and process development and laying out your blueprint to better current existing safety practices. You will be exposed to senior stakeholders within the organisation in order to bring about this change and have coverage across Australia and the multitude of sites the business operates in.
Your new role
As an Occupational Health & Safety Lead, you will be responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of the strategic plan for Occupational Health and Safety across the ANZ business. You will be providing OHS technical support and advice to the wider organisation through stakeholder groups and individuals. Through a consultative and strategic approach, you will have an aim to reduce workplace risk and injuries. In addition, you will be required to consistently review and implement procedures to ensure company compliance. You will be focused on driving continuous improvement for the business and will strive towards building a "No One Gets Hurt" mind set.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you will have in depth experience operating in a similar OHS Lead and/or OH&S Manager role. In which you will have been tasked with coordinating operational OH&S requirements for a national business or organisation. Operating across multiple sites, you will be versed in working across in an array of high risk environments and be experienced in expecting the unexpected. Culturally, we're looking for a resilient, highly driven and good communicator focussed on delivering outcomes with a range of senior stakeholders. The following criteria will also be met to be successful in this challenging role:
- Ability to provide strategic and operational leadership across ANZ
- Experience managing operational OHS across a multitude of sites nationally
- Previous experience leading cultural change
- Ability to establish, implement and review systems that measure OHS performance
- Ability to influence, train and coach various stakeholder groups and individuals
- Experience leading cultural change including project management across multi-sites
- Significant OHS experience working in a mid-to-large sized organisation
- Ability to implement OHS and Injury management systems
- Tertiary degree in Health and Safety (or equivalent relevant degree or experience)
- A Valid Victorian Driver's License
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary package, including super and bonus and the ability improve the safety culture within this globally recognised brand. Further still, there will be ample opportunity for you to influence and shape strategy on OH&S for the business with high level stakeholders, including the HR Director, State Directors and the groups Managing Director.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an updated copy of your resume along with an expression of interest to email@example.com. For more information call (03)9095 2289.
If this role isn't for you but you are interested in other Workplace Health & Safety opportunities or you know someone who is appropriate, feel free to get in touch.