National Injury Manager - Contract
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2643885
- Australian Defence Company
- Temp to Perm Role
- Work From Home
Hybrid Working Model | $80 per hour + super | Temp to Perm position
Your new company
Work for one of Australia's leading Defence companies. This is a 12-month temporary assignment with the view of permanency.
Your new role
The National Injury Manager provides a national oversight and a strategic link across the organisation's self-insurance function and return to work activities. The role is central to the management of Health and well-being programs and occupational hygiene requirements. The role will determine and implement appropriate plans, programs and strategies to support the fitness for work policy. This includes pre-employment, current employment and post-employment considerations.
- Manage and co-ordinate the Injury Management System, including rehabilitation requirements for work and non-work related injuries.
- Align workers compensation, rehabilitation and fitness for work priorities incorporating specific business unit and site requirements.
- Develop and implement key health promotion activities as well as manage and coordinate existing health and well-being programs.
- Determine any specific workers compensation, rehabilitation and fitness for work risks and ensure they are assessed and appropriate controls are developed, implemented and maintained. This includes programs for work and non-work related injuries/illnesses.
- Ensure workers compensation, rehabilitation and fitness for work providers and resources are in place and effective, for example pre-employment medicals, health surveillance, treating practitioners and first aid.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Operate as part of the HSE team and act as a role model to all employees by demonstrating full support of Australia's HSE, workers compensation, rehabilitation and fitness for work programs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the fields of Injury Management, Workers Compensation, Rehabilitation, Health Promotion and relevant legislation.
- Experience interacting with senior management through to shop floor personnel
- Management of activities and personnel across multiple sites within high risk business operations
- Experience with Self Insurance is highly desirable
- Practical knowledge of the production /construction/ manufacturing environment
- Practical knowledge of emergency procedures in a wide range of scenarios
- Current Occupational First Aid Qualifications
- Security clearance is not essential for this role
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Join a hardworking, dynamic team
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter, or email email@example.com
SA Licence number : LHS 297508