Injury Management Advisor - Temporary - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2415153
- Competitive salary
- Well established and supportive team
- Opportunities to progress and extend
Skilled Temp Injury Management Advisor required for state gov department, working within large, friendly team.
Your new company
A well-established state government division based in the heart of Sydney, is looking for a talented Injury Management Advisor with a wealth of experience in injury management, recovery at work and workers compensation to join their large team with the common focus of improving early return to work and support for the wellbeing of injured team members on a Temporary basis.
Your new role
- You will be analysing staff injury, illness and conditions and providing recommendations for continuous improvement and efficient return to work.
- Managing the cases and files in a cost effective, confidential and caring manner liaising with all stakeholders and relevant staff members.
- Attending injury management case conferences/panels and provide injury management advice and support to injured workers.
- Working to SIRA guidelines, internal policies and implement early intervention strategies.
- Ensuring prompt notification and escalation of new incidents of employee injury and/or illness, report on existing cases, coordinate the return to work meetings and ensure accurate assignment of actions within set time-frames.
- Deliver training/education programs to workers about best injury management practice, policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have tertiary qualifications in Allied Health or Injury Management.
- You will have a Return to Work accreditation in accordance with SIRA requirements.
- Extensive experience working in a similar role and appropriate knowledge of SIRA guidelines and the Workers Compensation Act 1998.
- Significant experience in Award, legislation and policy interpretation and demonstrated ability to apply this in a practical sense.
- Clean, current NSW driver's license.
What you'll get in return
- A temporary role - 12 months initially with potential for further extension
- competitive salary in a large and supportive team
- Onsite Parking and close to transport links
- Fitness Passport
- Ongoing training and development
- Immediate Start
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email it to Emily.Brewster@hays.com.au with your availability and expected salary.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508