HSE Coordinator - Contract
- Sydney Cbd, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2513518
- Australian Defence Company
- 9 Month Maternity Leave Cover
- CBD Location
Defence Industry | Garden Island | $55per hour + super | 9 Month Mat Leave
Your new company
An Australian Defence company are currently looking for a WHS Consultant on a temporary basis in their Western Sydney office. The contract will be for 29 months maternity leave cover with the possibility to extend for a further 6 months.
Your new role
Reporting to the HSE Manager, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing best practice and continually improving Health, Safety and Environmental systems across the site to reduce risk, raise awareness and improve practices of WHS in line with industry regulations. You will also be identifying high risks, creating relevant policies as well as refining existing ones. You will be familiar with creating dashboards and reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have extensive experience in a similar safety role within a defence or engineering environment.
- Tertiary qualifications relating to Workplace Health and Safety are essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental Regulations, Codes of Practice and Standards.
- Strong skills in hazard identification, risk management and incident investigation.
- Proven experience in risk assessments, safety audits, safety investigations.
- Previous experience working with high amounts of documentation with excellent reporting skills.
Essential: Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents Only
What you'll get in return
Seize this opportunity to take an active role in developing your career and be rewarded with competitive rates along with the chance of making a real difference in a leading organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
SA Licence number : LHS 297508