HR and WHS Advisor
- Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2824630
HR and WHS Expert needed to work for leading global brand in Western Sydney
Working for a leading global brand with offices in Western Sydney, and part of a fantastic P&C team with a wonderful and supportive leader.
Your new role
November 2023 is a busy month and brings a number of new HR opportunities and this is a unique one and ideal for someone who has expertise in both HR and also WHS.
It will be a mixed role with responsibilities cover all areas of ER, HR Advice, Onboarding and Engagement, as well as a key project focusing on Workers Comp and RTW. Reporting to the HR Manager and part of a team of three, you will support and partner with 300+ employees across operations, warehousing and office management.
- You will deliver advice on the full employee lifecycle
- You will manage ER issues, performance management conversations and advise on EBA interpretation and HR policies
- You will support the HR manager and business in reviewing and managing Workers Compensation, Return to Work and any other WHS issues that align with claims
- You will get involved in culture and engagement activities and be on the Great Place to Work committee and steer this
- You will also assist with HR administration and HR process duties as and when needed
- You will be "out and about: at the coalface of the business, coaching all levels of employees and managers
What you'll need to succeed
- This means, as well as being an HR Generalist, you must have additional skillset/expertise in Work, Health & Safety, RTW or Workers Comp.
- You will be an experienced HR Advisor, Senior HR Advisor with a past or current position that had this key area as part of your role.
- You will be experienced in partnering with blue collar, operational employees
- You will come from an aligned industry such as Retail, FMCG, Logistics, Aged Care or Early Learning
What you'll get in return
- It's a fantastic HR team to join, collaborative, supportive and with a brilliant HR Manager to support and mentor.
- Career development opportunities offered long term in the wider business
- Great brand with strong values and purpose
- Salary has a range depending on experience from 80 - 105K base + super with great benefits and free parking on site.
- Full time role ideally on site due to the nature of the position and the workforce, but can offer 4/1 if needed and flexible start and finish times to work around transport and commuting.
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE DETAIL YOUR EXPERIENCE IN WORKERS COMP, RTW AND/OR SAFETY AS THIS IS A KEY PART OF THE SHORT LISTING PROCESS AND IS ESSENTIAL TO BE CONSIDERED