Health Safety & Wellbeing Governance and Compliance Lead - Contract
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2826221
Health Safety & Wellbeing Governance and Compliance Lead
Your new company
Your new company is part of the Australian Federal Government looking for a Health Safety & Wellbeing Governance and Compliance Lead.
Your new role
In your new role you will be responsible for:
- Actively build HSW leadership and capability within the business, and embed HSW functions and activities into daily work to promote positive HSW performance
- Facilitating the effective implementation of the departmental HSW governance arrangements
- Providing accurate and useful advice and support aligned to HSW policy and relevant legislative guidelines.
- Facilitating the effective implementation of the departmental HSW Training Needs Analysis (TNA) program
- Monitor the departmental TNA program.
- Monitor the departmental Support Role program (Workplace Contact Officer/ Health and Safety Representative/ First Aid Officer)
- Review (and develop - where required) through consultation with stakeholders on the relevant HSW training packages.
- Developing and facilitating the implementation and management of the departmental HSW audit and assurance program
- Providing support and advice to staff on effective incident management in accordance with the departments' HSW policy and procedure, and relevant HSW legislative guidelines
- Providing regular reports on HSW data (incidents and hazards, strategic programs and audit and assurance activities (i.e. Divisional, WHS Committees, Quarterly and Annual Executive)) identifying trends either positive or negative, emerging risk and opportunities for improvement
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed, you will ideally:
- Hold a Certificate IV in WHS or an equivalent qualification
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have significant experience in work health safety
- Experience in a similar organisation would be a distinct advantage
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive:
- Opportunity to obtain a long-term role in a federal government organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.