Health & Safety Advisor - Part Time
- Campbellfield, Victoria, Australia
- Peuker & Alexander
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- OHS Advisor Consultant Position – One day per week
- Frame & truss manufacturing – Health & Safety
We are a well-established and respected frame & truss manufacturing company supplying the residential building industry. We are currently seeking a motivated, hardworking and experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join our team in Melbourne’s Northern Suburbs. The successful candidate will play a key role in building and maintaining strong OHS relationships with staff, contractors and our clients’ OHS teams. You will be integral in the management of the short, medium and long term health and safety risks and in promoting and maintaining a positive culture of workplace health and safety.
The Health & Safety Advisor has a key role in implementing and coordinating the Company’s Health and Safety compliance and good practice. The role provides advice and support to management and staff to assist the company in meeting its compliance obligations. You will collaborate to ensure high standards in the management of health and safety risks to staff, contractors and others who enter the company site, as well as our transport team. The role reports directly to the CEO.
Main duties/responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the Company’s Health and Safety planning, implementation and monitoring.
- A focus on health and safety policies and procedures, and coordinating with and supporting internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong focus on H&S risk management involving risk assessments, developing SOPs , incidents and hazard management.
- Ensuring registers are up-to-date.
- Working closely with operations management for best safety outcomes.
- Monitor, report and provide information on investigations and management of incidents, hazards and hazard inspections.
- Run monthly safety meetings, OHS related toolbox meetings and ensuring completion of actions within required timeframes.
- Personally lead in OHS compliance.
Skills/experience required include but are not limited to:
- Translation of complex legislative requirements into practical and sustainable compliance solutions.
- Managing and responding to changing priorities, deadlines and critical situations.
- Maintaining registers and analysing incident / hazards patterns
- Extensive understanding of the principles and legislation related to Victorian Occupational Health and Safety — OH&S Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Experience of OHS related practices relevant to a manufacturing and transport environment.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching people on the principles and practice of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S/WH&S.
- Ability to identify safety issues and prepare plans to achieve goals.
- Experience in frame and truss manufacturing would be advantageous but not essential.
Please apply to Kimberley Blackwell email@example.com – the preferred method of contact is email.