Environmental Sustainability Advisor - Contract
- Melbourne CBD, Victoria, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2288355
- 12 month fixed term opportunity based in Inner West Melbourne
- Recommend, deliver & drive environmental sustainability programs
- Vanessa Jordanovska | 03 9095 2226
Drive Environmental Sustainability across State Government body. Degree in Environmental Science is required.
Your new company
This State Government body has a dedicated focus on Victoria's transport. They are currently seeking an Environmental Sustainability Advisor for a 12-month fixed term period. You will be involved in development of environmental sustainability programs, monitoring general sustainability awareness whilst reporting and providing expert advice.
Your new role
Reporting to the Health, Safety & Environment Manager, you will be highly responsible for identifying environmental sustainability risks and opportunities whilst developing measures and programs. You will be required to provide support to ad hoc projects when required and contributing to environmental sustainability awareness. In addition, you will be responsible for collecting, analysing and reporting on programs. Continuous management and improvement of environmental sustainability data management systems is needed.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated experience in an environmental related role specifically across the rail or construction sectors. We are looking for a confident individual with:
- Ability to drive environmental sustainability through strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Strong working knowledge of Environmental legislation, regulations and standards
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science is preferred
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary package and the ability to drive environmental sustainability across the organisation.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an updated copy of your resume along with an expression of interest to Vanessa Jordanovska at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call 03 9095 2226.
If this role isn't for you but you are interested in other Workplace Health & Safety opportunities or you know someone who is appropriate, feel free to get in touch.