Environmental Health & Safety Specialist - Contract
- Botany, New South Wales, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2824600
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Healthcare Company | $50-55 per hour | Mascot location
Your new company
You will be working for a healthcare company who specialise in medical devices and are looking to add an EHS Specialist to their team in Sydney. The role will offer permanency for the right candidate.
Your new role
The EHS Specialist plays a key role in supporting excellence in health and safety by engaging and partnering with the business and building safety capabilities. The role provides specialist support to the EHS Leader across operations, service, sales, and office-based teams. The role is instrumental in engaging and connecting every employee to our safety values. You will have solid knowledge of the Health & Safety legal & regulatory framework applicable across ANZ.
Your role will support the EHS Leader in:
- Assist in the maintenance of the Safety Management System.
- Co-ordinate New Employee Orientation sessions.
- Support People Leaders and their employees in the offices and in the field on health and safety programs, risk assessment, Accident/Incident reporting, LOTO, etc.
- Participate in safety walks, conduct general hazard inspections and site audits with key stakeholders to drive improvements.
- Support in the preparation for compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit schedule and provide support during third party external audits.
- Support with administration as it relates to return-to-work documentation, including lodgement of Workers Compensation claims ensuring completion of all relevant paperwork and timely reporting within identified timeframes.
- Assist in reviewing and updating procedures to align local documents with global policies and standards.
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications relating to Workplace Health and Safety
- Minimum 2 years' experience within a hands-on safety role
- Knowledge of ANZ Work Health & Safety Legislation codes and standards
- Previous experience working in environments with office-based and field teams
What you'll get in return
Seize this opportunity to take an active role in developing your career and be rewarded with competitive rates along with the chance of making a real difference in an expanding organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and a cover letter to Fionnuala.Dennehy@hays.com.au