Director, Work Health and Safety - Contract
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Hays ANZ - 2552340
- 12 Month Contract
- Brisbane CBD Based
- Attractive day Rate
12 Month Contract joining large State Government Department on transformational project
Your new company
Hays Human Resources are partnering with a large State Government department to recruit Workplace, Health and Safety roles that play a critical part in the delivery of top project for the State.
Your new role
In the role of Director - Work Health and Safety, you will provide strategic management and leadership for all workplace health and safety considerations associated with the unit and ensure the activities of the unit comply with applicable WHS requirements and legislation. You will form part of the business units wider management team and will develop and manage a range of WHS processes, frameworks and plans specific to all the activities of the unit.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Provide expert support and advice on all matters relating to work health and safety
- Develop, maintain and evaluate the units WHS management systems to build an effective governance approach and continuously improve WHS performance, consistent with contemporary practice and legislative requirements.
- Lead, influence and build collaborative WHS solutions for the unit.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive WHS communication plan, ensuring transparent and timely communication and reports to identified stakeholders.
- Develop and implement appropriate WHS reporting tools.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a dynamic and changing project environment.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in delivering fit for purpose WHS solutions
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports in order to achieve the required Project WHS outcomes
What you'll get in return
On offer is a long term contract with an attractive day rate as well as experience working on a well recognised project.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508